Designed for eye pointing. 2 or 4 cells per page with yes / no confirmation for each photo once pressed. 9 categories in free version. 20 in full. £4.99 for full version
• Picture and voice communication aid for children
• Ideal for pre speech toddlers or children with disabilities
• Heighten child engagement by adding your own photos
• Confirm all choices with a yes/ no screen
• Some content provided for everyday communication; yes, no, more and finished
• Most frames are empty for you to add in your own personal content
• 20 categories in full version (in-app purchase to upgrade), 9 in free version
• Sound recording only available when you upgrade to the full version of iComm
• Upgrade iComm to get audio, more categories and more blank storage frames
• Help your child learn about shapes, colours and letters with the provided content in the full version
• Record your child’s favourite nursery rhymes or songs (in full version only)
• Please note this app is suitable for use with the iPhone only, not the iTouch
• Use the iComm to communicate, play and teach your child
The iComm (short for I Communicate) is an app providing an affordable, custom built and easy to use communication system using pictures and words - both written and spoken. It is ideal for children under three until they are able to express their needs through well formed speech. The iComm is also very useful for children with a broad range of disabilities who have trouble communicating such as cerebral palsy or autism.
Most of the files in the iComm are blank to give the user complete flexibility to add their own photos and voice. The app then becomes a tailored communication device for your child that it will instantly recognise. The iComm provides content for basic fundamental communication such as; yes, no, more and finished.
Using the iComm edit function, you can design the app to match your child’s needs and interests by pasting photos in from other programs, or from your camera roll. You can then use the microphone in your iPhone to record accompanying descriptions (in full upgraded version). For example, you record yourself saying “apple” to accompany the picture of an apple in the food category. Then when a child selects the picture of an apple they would hear your voice saying, “apple” which is a feature children love.
The app also allows children to learn using the categories which do have provided content such as letters, colours and shapes. If there is something in particular you want to teach them, you can create a category of your own and change it once you’ve finished to something else, it’s all easy with the iComm.
Using the iComm couldn’t be easier with an edit or display option. Go into the edit function to add your photos and voice recordings in the 20 categories in the full version (purchase the upgrade within the app), or photos only in the 9 categories in the basic version.
Push the upgrade button for all the fantastic features the iComm has to offer. For tips, hints and video tutorials on how to use the iComm go to www.miasapps.com
A video demonstration of the iComm is also available on youtube, search “iComm app” to view it.
It's hard to give a positive review when there really isn't much to review. No sound so how can I tell if the sound would be adequate for my child. If she is using this to communicate to others then they would have to be on top of her to know what she is saying. My daughter lost interest right away.(Feb 23rd 2010)
iComm is an amazing free AAC app developed by Mia’s Apps that is compatible with both the iPhone and iPad devices. The app allows you to record your own spoken words so that you can customize your kid’s AAC experience.(Sep 17th 2011)